For more than 35 years, the client has delivered on its promise to provide the most comprehensive, reliable, and innovative aircraft fleet solutions to customers worldwide. Providing a full spectrum of aircraft leasing solutions, materials, asset management, repair, and technical services, this global aircraft leasing services organization has shifted the industry paradigm, making fleet transitions easier, more efficient, and less expensive.
After multiple acquisitions, each introducing its own platforms and procedures, visibility into overall company-wide health and financials proved challenging. Growth led to a mixture of disparate operations and systems across finance, HR, sales, and the company’s three global business units. Additionally, the client was moving its global headquarters across the country, bringing on a brand-new team that would need to implement new systems and processes from day one.
Seeking to unify separate entities under “one culture, mindset, and financials,” while also systemizing procedures across time zones and a new team, the client turned to Apps Associates for its expertise in Oracle Cloud implementations, and experience with complex financial processes.
• Improve customer service and business operations through a true business transformation consistent with the client’s commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology
• Enable seamless expansion both geographically and through new service lines
• Standardize global processes for streamlined daily operations, enhanced visibility, and a better understanding of performance across different business lines
• Bring disparate systems together to shift from “separate islands to one universe”
Bringing a breadth and depth of expertise, Apps Associates architected the client’s journey to the cloud across accounting, HR, sales, and other key business functions, with a multiphase implementation of the Oracle Cloud suite of applications. Without being tethered to old practices, the client seized the opportunity to break free from silos, working closely with Apps Associates to define upstream and downstream processes and establish consistent global standards to drive the business forward.
• Extensive user training and onboarding to drive proficiency and productivity while reducing support needs post go-live
• Customer Care – Apps Associates responded to their need to be flexible, becoming an extension of their team and offering robust support
• Collaborative paradigm shift to drive business innovation, ownership, and user adoption
• Oracle Cloud suite of applications (Oracle Cloud ERP, CRM, OIC, HCM Cloud, and EPM Cloud), implementation and integration with third-party systems
• 14 systems and tools sunsetted through Oracle Cloud consolidation
• Post go-live support via managed services team for continued sustainment, enhancements, and support
As the pandemic spread around the globe, the airline industry was critically impacted by safety precautions and travel restrictions. Two-thirds of the world’s passenger jets were grounded, creating storage, maintenance, and logistics challenges that added to the crisis.
Worldwide, companies were forced to go remote, seemingly overnight. Because of their vision and transformational efforts, the client was able to transition their employees to a remote workforce successfully, with just one hour to prepare. They also opened two new businesses during the pandemic, without the need to have their IT team physically onsite. As their Vice President of Information Technology stated, “The company didn’t miss one beat, contract, engine, or part.”
Through their global digital transformation — both in terms of technology and process — the company has paved a digital runway for the future. They now have a solid foundation to support their organizational growth on a global scale, empowering them to deliver outstanding customer support to their clients and maximum value for their shareholders going forward.
• Standardized business processes and modern cloud platform across the global organization
• Improved accuracy and speed of financial reporting and analytics (ERP, EPM)
• Significantly simplified global IT architecture, removing 14 disjointed and siloed systems
Apps Associates is a premier enterprise applications and technology advisor, counseling and executing across every stage of the enterprise transformation journey—not just the destination. For more than two decades, Apps Associates has closely collaborated with decision makers across nearly every industry, offering end-to-end integration, modernization, and cloud migration services. By helping to break down the silos within today’s most complex business challenges, Apps Associates is unlocking solutions and efficiencies that scale into future opportunities. Learn more at appsassociates.com or follow on LinkedIn.