Migrate Your Oracle Workloads to The Public Cloud with Confidence
Migrating your Oracle workload to the cloud, specifically Amazon Web Services, can provide numerous benefits for your business. Improved scalability, high availability, enhanced security, cost optimization, and seamless integration with AWS services are just a few advantages worth considering. However, it is essential to plan the migration carefully, assess compatibility, and engage experienced professionals to ensure a smooth transition. By embracing the power of AWS, you can streamline your Oracle workload, achieve greater operational efficiency, and position your business for future success in the cloud era.
Here is a snapshot of customers who have leveraged AWS cloud to successfully transform their legacy Oracle footprint of applications, databases, and technology.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions, Inc. (CAES), a leading electronics company building mission-critical and specialized RF, microwave, millimeterwave solutions serving customers in the defense, space, satellite, security, industrial and medical industries.
- Architect and create data center in AWS GovCloud to host mission-critical ERP environment centered on Oracle E-Business Suite and Agile enterprise applications, other related applications, databases, and tech stack across multiple environments (production, non-production) with disaster recovery and backup
- Apps Associates services included creation of security rules for specific access to applications and infrastructure
- Apps Associates MSP services for ongoing support and management of the Oracle centric environment
- Divestiture requirement, strict environment security considerations, business continuity, cost consolidation, improved future statement architecture, optimized management
Landry’s, Inc., one of America’s leading dining, entertainment, gaming, and hospitality groups.
- Re-architect, migrate and re-platform complex Oracle E-Business Suite ERP environment from IBM AIX to AWS including multiple environments (production, non-production) with disaster recovery and backup, configuration of license manager
- Apps Associates ongoing support, monitoring and maintenance of the AWS infrastructure, operating systems, Oracle Databases and Oracle ERP Applications.
- Cost consolidation / reduction, business continuity, improved future state architecture with ability to leverage breadth of AWS services
Pearson plc is the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries. They provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments, and other partners globally.
- Pearson leverages Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) for financials and planning, with 80-90% of the business heavily dependent on the system.
- Cloud migration would be a substantial project, given the large, complex cluster of Oracle technologies that was supporting Pearson servicing locations in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Pearson has more than 400 servers supporting 30,600 named users with a typical concurrent load of 3,000 – 5,000 users and a huge amount of data.
- The scope includes global instances of E-Business Suite, Hyperion, Oracle BI, Advanced Supply Chain, Governance Risk Compliance, SSO and many custom applications and third-party integrated systems. This ERP environment was not only complex but supported the majority of global revenue for Pearson.
- Pearson is utilizing Apps Associates Managed Services
- Pearson was able to retire their legacy on-prem contract as planned. The migration drove immediate increases in performance. Pearson reported up to 20% performance improvement in critical areas such as supply chain processing. Pearson is able to complete monthly financial closes successfully, without any problems.
Riso, Inc., US subsidiary of The Riso Group (Riso Kagaku Corporation, Tokyo Stock Exchange 6413), global manufacturer and distributor of specialty printers and copiers, operating worldwide with 27 subsidiaries.
- Re-architect and migrate North America Operations across 3 data centers (USA, Canada) to AWS Cloud hosting environment including all compute, network, storage, telecomm, mail exchange.
- Core footprint scope included mission-critical ERP environment with Oracle E-Business Suite, OBIEE (Business Intelligence), databases, SQL Server, Active Directory domain controllers and third-party applications and related integrations.
- Apps Associates MSP services for ongoing support and management of the Oracle centric environment.
- Capital and operation cost consolidation / reduction, business continuity including HQ relocation with zero business interruption, improved future state architecture with ability to leverage breadth of AWS services.
Apps Associates has been migrating and managing Oracle workloads to the public cloud since 2012. We will guide you through the transformation process, including licensing, security, cost management, architecture, and governance. Apps Our team manages the entire AWS environment, enabling significant cost savings, increased agility, and zero business disruption or downtime. Apps’ technical teams provide expert AWS consulting throughout the entire migration and post-migration process.
Our Managed Services is based on our next generation monitoring platform that uses statistical and Machine Learning algorithms to reduce alarm fatigue and focus attention on real issues that need attention. Staffed by AWS certified engineers, our managed services teams are ready to support you anytime, all the time. Consider letting us manage your Oracle/AWS systems in the cloud.
Learn how other customers benefitted from move to Public Cloud – https://www.appsassociates.com/expertise/migrate-to-public-cloud/